A Quick History of Mercedes Benz
The history of Mercedes Benz begins in Germany with Karl Benz’s development of the first gasoline-powered auto, the Benz Patent Motorwagen, which was patented in January 1886. The auto was marketed in 1901 by Daimler Motors Company, and in 1902, Emil Jellinek, an automobile entrepreneur who worked for DMC, created the trademark for the automobile, naming the 1901 Mercedes 35 after his child, Mercedes. Jellinek started selling Mercedes cars not only to the elite in France (like the Rothschild family), but also to billionaires around the globe, including Rockefeller, Astor, Morgan, and also Taylor. In 1899, Jellinek drove at a race in Nice under the pseudonym Monsieur Mercédès; this race is considered the birth of the Mercedes brand name.
The first Mercedes-Benz brand name cars were launched in 1926 at the Berlin Motor Show. The following year, 7,000 Mercedes-Benz cars were produced. In 1931, the Mercedes Benz W15, which featured the first four-wheel independent suspension system and new hydraulic brake modern technology, debuted at the Paris Motor Show and was received well. Five years later, the Mercedes Benz W136 model was released, which was the very first diesel automobile. In the following years, the W135 roadster as well as W138 limo were presented before manufacturing was stopped by World War II.
Mercedes-Benz has actually always concentrated on motorist and also traveler safety. In the 1950s, Mercedes Benz started doing accident examinations on each model before its launch. In 1952, Mercedes Benz began importing automobiles to the USA, beginning with the 300SL Gullwing.
Mercedes Benz Today
Some of Mercedes Benz’s designs today consist of:
- C-Class: The C-Class is a compact, mid-level entry sedan that has been in manufacturing since 1994. It’s offered as a four-door car, a two-door coupe and also a two-door soft-top convertible.
- GLE-Class: Formerly referred to as the M-Class, the GLE-Class is Mercedes Benz’s mid-size luxury SUV. Readily available in both SUV and Coupe shapes, the GLE offers either a six-cylinder variation or 6 or eight-cylinder AMG variations.
- E-Class: The E-Class is Mercedes Benz’s midsize segment, which is a step up in size and price contrasted to the C-Class. Mercedes Benz describes the design of E-Class vehicles as “Sensual Purity;” they are comfortable and sophisticated with a style aesthetic.
- S-Class: The S-Class is Mercedes Benz’s full-size high-end sedan. This is the vehicle you get when you are a self-actualized Mercedes Benz owner. According to Mercedes Benz, the S-Class is “more than motivated. It is motivational.” The Mercedes Benz S-Class has been given the top ranking in J.D. Power Sales Satisfaction Index from 1987 to 1990, has been named What Car’s Best Luxury Car seven times, and Fleet News’ Luxury Car of the Year five times.
- SL-Class: The SL-Class began manufacturing in 1954 and has many Mercedes famous automobiles in its name. The SL-Class is Mercedes Benz’ large deluxe roadster that includes a six or eight-cylinder engine.
Your Trusted Shop for Mercedes Benz Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your Mercedes Benz to SJM AutoWerks. Proudly serving residents of Lake in the Hills and surrounding areas since 2016, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At SJM AutoWerks, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here are some reasons you should choose us:
- Our owner has over 30 years of automotive experience, and he will call you personally about your car.
- We offer free estimates and quotes.
- We are a family-owned business and are bilingual in English and Spanish.
- We accept online payments and work with all the major insurance companies.
- We support all first responders.
If you are in or nearby Lake in the Hills, feel free to give us a call at 815-477-9735 to schedule an appointment at Oscars Automotive today!