A Brief History of BMW
A great deal of Lake in the Hills citizens drive BMWs, and there’s a plentiful history behind the renowned automobile brand. Initially an engine manufacturer, BMW launched its very first vehicle, a motorbike, in 1923. Throughout the 1930s, BMW boosted its range of automobiles and larger luxury cars. The BMW 3/20, released in 1932, was the very first BMW automobile created totally by BMW. 4 years later, BMW released its first four-door car, the BMW 326.
After The 2nd World War, BMW returned to car manufacturing and also introduced the BMW 501 in 1951. After some adjustments, the auto was re-released as the BMW 501A, which triggered an enhancing of sales. In the mid 1950s, BMW bought a permit to make Issetas, an Italian “bubble car” that had really come to be popular in Europe. More than 10 thousand Issetas were sold in 1955 alone. However, for a number of years BMW was incapable of taking on its competitors and was nearing bankruptcy. In 1960, the development program began for a new collection of models, called the “Neue Klasse” (New Training course) task, which is attributed for saving the BMW company. BMW released New Program four-door autos in 1962, formally establishing its recognition as sports sedan makers. In 1968, production of the BMW M30 engine began, BMW’s very first straight-six engine after The Second World War would remain in production for 24 years. Four years later, the first generation of the BMW 5 collection mid-size automobiles replaced the New Course sedans. BMW’s very first SUV, the X5, was released in 1999. Although different from its normal autos, the X5 triggered various other SUVs to be offered by BMW in the coming years.
With over 15 models in the marketplace today, BMWs are understood for the smooth drive they provide, their standout appearance, and additionally their purring engines. The existing auto collection BMW has include:
- 2 Collection: BMW’s fancy, entry-level subcompact vehicle in the USA. It can be found in both coupe and sedan body layouts.
- 3 Series: BMW’s most successful automobile of all time. The first generation released in 1976, this compact vehicle is what BMW is acknowledged for.
- 4 Collection: A variant from the 3 Collection, offered in 2014. It can be found in two-door automobiles, four-door gran coupe along with exchangeable variants.
- 5 Collection: BMW’s mid-size car, introduced in 1972.
- 6 Collection: A variant from the 5 Collection that has “curves that captivate, power that astounds, and the attitude to capture attention.”
- 7 Series: A full-size luxury sedan.
- 8 Series: BMW’s luxurious grand tourer. It comes in both sports car and also convertible body designs.
- Z4: BMW’s small roadster. The “Z” means “zukunft,” which is German for “future”.
- X1: BMW’s entry-level subcompact crossover. Car and Driver called it one of their 10 Best Trucks and SUVs for 2019.
- X2: A sportier, driving-oriented subcompact crossover. It’s closer to the ground than the X1. It has a sleeker “sports car” physique and much less cargo area.
- X3: BMW’s small SUV. It was launched in 2003, and the 3rd generation was launched for the 2018 model year.
- X4: A sportier variation of the X3, with a sloping sports car body style.
- X5: BMW’s small SUV. It was the very first BMW SUV, launched in 1999.
- X6: BMW’s midsize crossover coupe. BMW calls it the “commanding sports activity coupe” with “striking looks, aggressive stance, and big proportions”.
- X7: BMW’s very first full-size three-row SUV. It’s the largest BMW ever built.
- i3: BMW’s subcompact all-electric vehicle.
- i8: A plug-in hybrid performance roadster BMW launched in 2014. It is offered in both Coupe as well as Roadster variations.
If you have a BMW in demand of repairs, you can bring it to SJM AutoWerks in Lake in the Hills today!
SJM AutoWerks: Your Trusted Shop for BMW Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your BMW to SJM AutoWerks. Proudly serving residents of Lake in the Hills and surrounding areas since 2016, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At SJM AutoWerks, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s some reasons why you should choose us:
- We support all first responders.
- We will work with extended warranties.
- We work to give our customers the best auto repair experience as we can, every time.
If you are in or nearby Lake in the Hills, feel free to give us a call at 815-477-9735 to schedule an appointment at SJM AutoWerks today!