A Brief History of Toyota
Toyota began as a division of Toyoda Automatic Loom Works that was committed to the manufacturing of vehicles under the direction of the founder’s child, Kiichiro Toyoda. Toyota Motor Company became its very own entity in 1937. The SA was Toyota’s first commercial auto after The 2nd World War. Nevertheless, due to the financial decline of Japan after the Second World War, Toyota was on the brink of bankruptcy. In June 1950, Toyota produced 300 trucks and announced a number of layoffs in addition to reduction in pay, which activated a union strike that lasted for 2 months. The outcome of this strike was the resignation of Kiichiro Toyoda and Taizo Ishida came to be the head of Toyota. Toyota was saved during the Korean War by producing over 5,000 cars for the USA militaries.
In 1957, the Toyota Crown became the very first Japanese automobile to be exported to the USA and Toyota Motors Inc. U.S.A. was developed on October 31, 1957. The Crown and Toyota Land Cruiser remained to be the most popular Toyota cars until the introduction of the Toyota Corona, which was made especially for American motorists. The Corona tripled Toyota sales to more than 20,000 units. By July 1967, Toyota came to be the 3rd most successful import brand in the USA. The Toyota Corolla was presented in 1968 and was a significant success among American motorists. Today, the Toyota Corolla has come to be the globe’s best-selling car of all time, with over 30 million automobiles sold in 140 different countries.
Today’s Toyota models consist of:
- Toyota RAV4: The RAV4 is Toyota’s compact crossover and is the best-selling non-pick up automobile in the United States. The SUV is flexible, powerful, and is suitable for young and older drivers alike. It also has a wonderful fuel economy, is exceptionally dependable, and has a lot of room for passengers.
- Toyota 4Runner: The Toyota 4Runner is Toyota’s midsize SUV that can tow up to 5,000 extra pounds. The SUV assures worth for your cash as a result of its elite performance, reliability, and also comfort.
- Toyota Sequoia: Toyota’s full-size SUV that was the North American Automobile of the Year in 2001.
- Toyota Land Cruiser: The Toyota Land Cruiser has remained in production for over sixty years and is recognized for its prowess and elegant interior.
- Toyota Tacoma: Toyota’s midsize vehicle that has one of the best resale values of any car and in the USA. The Tacoma was provided the Top Safety Pick award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Toyota Tundra: The Toyota Tundra is a full size truck that is known for its sturdiness, toughness and durability. Motor Pattern selected the Tundra as its Vehicle of the Year in 2008 and CanadianDriver named the Tundra “Truck King.”
- Toyota Yaris: Toyota’s most affordable subcompact automobile that is conveniently available as a sedan or a hatchback.
- Toyota Corolla: The Toyota Corolla is a small sedan that is currently in its twelfth generation of production.
- Toyota Prius: The Prius was the very first standardized hybrid vehicle when it launched in 1997. It was Japan’s Auto of the Year in 1997 and won the award once again in 2009. The inside of the Prius has a lot of cargo space and is a great compact auto that is amazingly fuel efficient. The Prius is the leading hybrid car in the United States and also showcases Toyota’s devotion to the environment.
Your Trusted Shop for Toyota Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your Toyota to SJM AutoWerks. Proudly serving residents of Lake in the Hills and surrounding areas since 2016, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At SJM AutoWerks in Lake in the Hills, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s some reasons why you should choose us:
- We work to give our customers the best auto repair experience as we can, every time.
- We accept online payments and work with all the major insurance companies.
- We will work with extended warranties.
If you are in or nearby Lake in the Hills, feel free to give us a call at 815-477-9735 to schedule an appointment at SJM AutoWerks today!