A Brief Background of Subaru
Subaru started as Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., an aircraft manufacturing, sales and maintenance business. In 1954, the first Subaru auto, the Subaru 1500, was released. The car provided driving stability in addition to driver comfort. On March 3, 1958, the Subaru 360 was launched, and became a turning point in Japanese history. Subaru set out to develop a vehicle that was compact, budget-friendly, and well-performing, and accomplished this goal. The Subaru 360 was amongst one of the most popular cars in Japan and remained in manufacturing up until 1970.
In 1961, Subaru released the Sambar, a minitruck that had great deals of cargo room and a low deck body. The Sambar was mainly used in the commercial world, but was also available to the public. Later on that year, the Sambar Light Van was created for the general public as well as industrial use. These cars placed Subaru on the map as a manufacturer of light passenger cars. In 1966, the “Subaru Building” was completed in Shinjuku and became the Subaru head office. The Subaru 1000 was released in May 1966. The automobile gave driving stability and a comfortable interior, along with the most recent car innovation. In 1969, the Subaru R-2 was released as a substitute for the Subaru 360. The R-2 was the best car as freeways became popular in Japan, and increased the meaning of what a minivan can do. The Subaru Leone made its debut in 1971, which was highly praised country wide and worldwide for its distinctive design. In 1972, The Subaru Rex was launched as the successor to the Subaru R-2.
Today’s Subaru models consist of:
- Subaru BRZ: The Subaru BRZ is a sports car that was made together with Toyota. The car is delightful as well as sensible, and additionally has impressive handling. The BRZ was Top Gear magazine’s Car of the Year in 2012 and also the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s Top Safety Pick in 2012.
- Subaru Impreza: Subaru’s entry-level automobile that is available in both sedan as well as hatchback selections. At the American MotorWeek Driver’s Choice Honors, the Impreza won Ideal Sport Sedan in 2002 and Best Performance Car in 2004. In 2010, the Impreza won the AMI Insurance performance car of the year award.
- Subaru Crosstrek: The Subaru Crosstrek is a compact crossover that was launched in 2012. The Crosstrek can be called an off-road variation of the Impreza. Although the Crosstrek is big, it drives like a regular-size car and is offered in regular as well as plug-in hybrid variants.
- Subaru WRX: The WRX is Subaru’s most iconic car. It’s an effective car that is affordable and fast. It is a sport sedan that features a 268-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter boxer four-cylinder engine, quick-ratio steering, a sport-tuned suspension, switchable hold control system along with energetic torque vectoring.
- Subaru Forester: The Subaru Forester is a small SUV that is among the best-selling Subarus in the U.S.A.. The SUV is loved by families and more daring motorists alike. The Forester was the victor of Wheels Gold star cars honor for best compact SUV in 2008, Motor Trend publication’s SUV of the Year Award in 2014, Best Small Utility in MotorWeek’s 2009 Driver’s Choice Awards, and more.
Your Trusted Shop for Subaru Repair
Ninety-seven percent of Subaru vehicles sold in the last ten years are still on the road today. That’s thanks to Subaru owners bringing their cars in for maintenance regularly. Bringing your Subaru in for maintenance not only saves you money in the long run, but also reduces your vehicle’s carbon footprint and keeps your vehicle in its best condition. Every vehicle has a maintenance schedule that can be found in the car’s manual, and some vehicles’ computer systems will warn you when it’s time to bring it in for maintenance.
When the time comes to bring your Subaru in for repairs, Lake in the Hills residents can come to SJM AutoWerks. We specialize in Subaru repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. A team of highly trained mechanics, we at SJM AutoWerks are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time. We offer services in vehicle alignment, steering and suspension, transmission repair, and more. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 815-477-9735.