A Brief Background of Mazda
Mazda started as the Toyo Cork Kogyo Co. Ltd., established in Hiroshima, Japan on January 30, 1920. During The 2nd World War, Toyo Kogyo generated weapons for Japan. After the war, in the 1960s, Mazda placed a substantial engineering initiative into their Wankel turning engine to separate themselves from other Japanese car firms. By 1967, Mazda was the only company making Wankel rotating engines. In 1968, Mazda began manufacturing in Canada and officially got in the American market in 1970. Mazda was really successful in the U.S.A., and the Mazda Rotary Pick-up was developed exclusively for the North American market. To today, Mazda stays the only automaker to have actually created a Wankel-powered pick-up.
Throughout the 1973 oil crisis, nevertheless, Americans resorted to even more fuel-efficient automobiles, and Mazda experienced a substantial loss. Mazda had not totally stopped generating piston engines, and created two vehicle lines with these engines, which helped the firm. The smaller Familia line specifically ended up being truly important to Mazda’s worldwide sales after 1973, as did the larger Capella collection. Mazda redoubled its campaigns one more time and also made the revolving engine a choice for a sporting motorist. From 1974 to 2015, Mazda had a partnership with Ford Motor Company, which obtained a 24.5% stake in 1979, which raised to a 33.4% possession in May 1995. The collaboration with Ford began due to Mazda’s monetary troubles in the 1960s. During the 1980s, Ford-badged Mazda items replaced much of their very own European-sourced lineup, especially in the Asia-Pacific markets, with the Laser changing the Escort as well as the Telstar replacing the Cortina.
A few of today’s Mazda designs consist of:
- Mazda MX-5 Miata: This light-weight two-person roadster has wound up being the best-selling convertible sports car of all time. The MX-5 Miata debuted in 1989 at the Chicago Auto Show and is currently in its fourth generation. The car has won the Edmunds.com 2019 Editor’s Choice Awards: Best Sports Car, World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year at the World Car of the Year Awards in 2016, MotorWeek Drivers’ Choice Awards Best Convertible 2018, and many more awards.
- Mazda3: The Mazda3 is a four-door sedan that is also conveniently available as a hatchback. It is among the best vehicles in its class, differing from its competitors. The Mazda3 furthermore guarantees a smooth, energizing ride.
- Mazda6: This car adds adventure to the day-to-day drive. The Mazda6 includes a cutting-edge chiseled body that looks like a high-end vehicle. The car has won many awards, including Car and Driver’s magazine’s Ten Best List for 2003, Best Mid-Size Car in Australia’s Best Cars in 2002 and 2003, and “Best Family Sedan” in MotorWeek’s 2009 Driver’s Choice Awards.
- Mazda CX-3: The Mazda CX-3 has the layout and area of the SUV without the added bulk. The automobile includes modern technology and clean lines in addition to a driver-focused cabin that is made for the active driver. The Mazda CX-3 was the 2018 Best City SUV, Drive Car of the Year Australia, 2016 Automobile Journalists Association of Canada Canadian Green Utility Vehicle of the Year, 2016 Car of the Year Thailand, and more.
- Mazda CX-5: This crossover has sufficient area for 5 passengers to fit easily. It has a sharp-looking eye-catching design with a glamorous interior. The Mazda CX-5 was a Top Safety Pick by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety in 2016, the Car of the Year in Japan in 2012, and was one of five finalists for the 2013 Green Car of the Year Award.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop for Mazda Repair
Eventually, all vehicles need to be brought in for repairs. Whatever your needs are, you can take your Mazda to SJM AutoWerks. Proudly serving residents of Lake in the Hills and surrounding areas since 2016, our highly-skilled technicians go through extensive automotive repair training. At SJM AutoWerks, our number one goal is complete customer satisfaction, and we will make sure your vehicle is taken care of with top-notch service and also efficiently and cost-effectively. Here’s some reasons you should choose us:
- Our waiting area has free coffee and water for you to enjoy.
- We support all first responders.
- We will work with extended warranties.
If you are in or nearby Lake in the Hills, feel free to give us a call at 815-477-9735 to schedule an appointment at SJM AutoWerks today!