A Quick Background of Lexus
In 1983, Toyota chairman Eiji Toyota issued a challenge to make the world’s best car. Toyota’s task, called F1, was finished in 1989 with the Lexus LS 400, which was commended for its quietness, engine efficiency, and fuel economy. Lexus was launched as Toyota’s luxury brand in 1986. The name originates from the name Alexis, which was a front-runner in potential names yet was changed so it would not be connected with the character Alexis Carrington in the prominent 1980s drama Empire. The first Lexus slogan came to be “The Relentless Pursuit of Perfection”.
Throughout its very first year of sales in 1990, Lexus sold 63,594 vehicles in the United States. In 1991, Lexus was ranked highest in J.D. Power and Associates’ studies on initial vehicle quality, customer satisfaction and sales satisfaction for the first time. That very same year, Lexus launched its very first sports coupe, the SC 400, along with its ES 300 sedan, which became the brand’s bestseller. Lexus debuted its very first sport energy vehicle, the LX 450, in 1996 as well as the RX 300, its very first luxury-branded crossover SUV, in 1998. In 1999, Lexus also recorded its 1 millionth car sold in the U.S. market, being ranked as the top-selling premium vehicle maker in the United States overall. By 2000, Lexus had actually sold its 2 millionth vehicle in the USA and launched the very first luxury-branded manufacturing hybrid SUV. In 2005, Lexus completed an organizational separation from parent company Toyota, with dedicated design, engineering, training, and manufacturing centers functioning specifically for the division.
Lexus vehicles are commonly loved because of their superior comfort and ergonomic design, smooth and easy driving, stability, fuel efficiency, innovation and more. Here is a comprehensive list of a few of Lexus’ diverse models:
- GS: The GS is Lexus’s sportier, more costly midsize luxury car.
- GX: The Lexus GX debuted during the 2010 model year. It’s a conventional midsize SUV with body-on-frame construction, permanent four-wheel-drive and also third-row seating.
- RX: Lexus’ very popular model in the United States, the RX is a midsize crossover SUV.
- IS: At Lexus, IS means “intelligent sport.” The IS is Lexus’ compact, entry-level sport sedan.
- RC: The Lexus RC is a two-door coupe that debuted for the 2015 model year.
- LX: Lexus’ full-size luxury SUV that debuted in 2008.
- ES: This is Lexus’ most popular non-SUV design in the United States and is known for its dependability and also value.
- NX: The Lexus NX is a compact SUV that shares some DNA with Toyota’s very popular RAV4 crossover.
- UX: New for the 2019 model year, the UX, or “Urban Traveler,” is a subcompact deluxe crossover.
- LS: Lexus’ fullship deluxe car that was the first design that emerged from Lexus in 1989.
Your Trusted Auto Repair Shop
Known as the modern luxury car, Lexus has a large range of models that require extensive services. When the time comes to bring your Lexus in for repairs, Lake in the Hills residents can come to SJM AutoWerks. We specialize in Lexus repair and can take care of your car, bumper to bumper. A team of highly trained mechanics, we at SJM AutoWerks are up to date on the latest automotive technology and will deliver high-quality service, every time. We offer services in vehicle alignment, steering and suspension, transmission repair, and more. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with us today! You can schedule an appointment online or give us a call at 815-477-9735.